Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Monday, November 11, 2019

OUR FALL/WINTER STAY IN FLORIDA BEGINS

November 2nd,  we were getting settled in at Florida SKP Resort, our new winter location!
And we are loving it, though haven't done too much new yet.
One of our first evening views from the door!

Mary, I did find the perfect place for your
Fall Blessings towel.  Thank you for the gift!
It was so good to visit everyone there in SC.
The Resort has daily activities and we just have to decide what ones we want to do.  I have found the chair exercise twice a week to be very beneficial to me.  I'm hoping to adjust much better to balance and the use of my new orthodics.
In the mean time, I went back to my TOPS club that I attended last year and we will go for the Veterans program this afternoon here in the resort for a program and a Root Beer Float. Now I remember why I go to TOPS. 
Just got back and I've got to say, the program was very good.  Made the Veterans proud to have served in the Military!! 

We also drove to Sarasota last Saturday to go to an Art Street Fair on Saturday.  A long drive!



This was an easy place for me to sit, watch people
and wait for Gary to see all that he wanted!!
I do look at a lot also, just don't check out
all of the detail that Gary does. 




I always love crossing the bays!


Two Chase Banks in one city?? We usually have difficulty
finding one branch!!

Liked this statue since it is so close to Veterans Day.



















On the way back from Sarasota we stopped at a nursery and bought more flowers to plant on our lot. Gary'd like you to think that he is into flowers!  Ha-ha. I am slowly getting them planted.  I learned to not knock myself out all in one day!!  I paid for that, so I go out at 5 pm when it is beginning to get dark and cooler to plant a few each day.  I handle that better.  Maybe it is because of the 80 plus days.  But the days have been beautiful and breezy!!
Yes, Gary, get them unloaded!!


We are loving the storage!!  Lightening the load in the
motor home with some stuff that we do not need to be
carrying with us all of the time!!
















We were so glad that we did not have neighbors on either side the day that we arrived and got set-up.  No one to watch us that day!!  One of the neighbors has not been able to come as he is on dialysis and their Canadian insurance will not cover it out of the country.  The couple on the other side of us were in the area in their motorhome and just moved into their park model here this past weekend. So we are getting acquainted.
Today I hemmed a curtain for in the storage shed and hung it.  I felt we needed to camouflage all of our stuff in there.  I wouldn't want neighboring kids to take too much interest since we are so close to the highway. Though not too many kids close as it is farm country.

We are back and the float was delish!  Got to greet more people coming in from parts North to get re-acquainted.  We also heard that Olive Garden is serving free to the Veterans this evening, but decided that we are too lazy to go.  Our neighbors just drove out to go though.
Take care now and I'll keep you up on what we are finding to do.  Enjoy your winter, we hear that it is arriving!

No comments: