Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

MORE OF LIFE IN FLORIDA, LOVING OUR NEW LOCATION !

This was made for us by Audrey's
oldest brother several years ago.
It did not weather well, so it has
taken all this time to sand and
repaint it.  I am so glad to be
hanging it out!!


It's already noon!!  I thought I would be through with this Blog by now. Haha!
I've had my walk though and downloaded pictures from our phones and chose pics for the Blogs. So not all time has been wasted!
I sure need to keep up with the Blog in good time as it will soon be 2020 and time to order my book for this year!!  Time sure flies when you are having fun!  And there sure seems to be enough to do here to keep us happy.  Our bodies are sure telling us that we can be doing too much!!  Or doing it wrong!!

We have been meeting many new people both here in the park and at church up the road.  The trick is just to remember names!!! We do wear name tags here in the park so that we remember who we are!! Everyone knows where we live now as we are the second site in off the highway.
Another unit has just arrived, a motorhome pulling an enclosed trailer.  Wonder if is it hauling a car or motorcycles?? Guess I'll have to take another walk so that I can find out.  We do see a lot here at the entrance to the park.

I spent a Saturday cleaning inside.  I don't do that thorough a job usually, but was having company that afternoon. A friend. June, interviewed us for the SKP Cracker Crumb newspaper (Our introduction as a new member). It was a wonderful visit!

She also leads the chair exercise group.  I have enjoyed doing that also, but hurt bad for two days after each time.  I think that I am going to get back to my walking more and see what that does for me.  We definitely need something to offset all of the eating out!!

On Monday, November 18th I began meeting with a new Welcoming Committee after our Monday breakfast and announcements.  I think that I will enjoy this, but need to get organized about it.  Glad they asked me to join the effort.

Gary also started his Colored Pencil Class and I my Scrapbooking workshop for the season.  He had a couple show up and will have more after the snowbirds all arrive by the first of the year.  I did not have anyone meet with me, so hope that will change later also.  It gave me a good three hours to get my stuff in order!!  Another forty pages in a binder!!

Tuesday we drove over to Punta Gorda to the Art Gallery at the Visual Art Center.
Signs told us not to take pictures. So I only took this
picture from the door of the one room.
They had workshop rooms also where we saw some
interesting new (to us) things!

They also had many seasonal things for sale.
After that we drove out to meet with our Salem friends, Bill and Esther.  We went with them to lunch and stopped at a bookstore after. We always enjoy those visits.
Over 6000 books made to build this archway!



Bill making a purchase?
Thursday Gary and I both went to our respective lunch time out with SKP's from the park.  The SKPettes went to the Island View Restaurant at the Sun 'n Lake Golf Course.  Great food and good prices as well.
Elsie and Elinor

Lee and Margery

Margery and Bev

The ROMEOS went to Market Place 27 for their lunch.


This hibiscus is covered with buds.  Yea!!

Need more pansies.

We have stopped at a few places to buy flowers and I have been planting them a little at a time.  The Palm Trees sure have fine roots that grow close to the surface of the ground so it has been hard work.  I see now why most people plant in large flower pots.  I figure next year I will change my plans and spend more money!  I am not sure which kind of flowers will have to be replaced and which will continue to grow all year here.  I have a lot to learn.

The highway is in the back ground. Our motorhome is on the left behind the park model trailer.
You can see our door, passenger window and
front windshield.
We also had our palms trimmed since we have five of them and they drop many, many nut-like things. This is done by men in the park.  It was money well spent as I do not think that these were done for a couple years, at least.  We were not at home when they did ours, so no close-up pictures.  They said they were glad that we were gone for the day as they were afraid of damage to the motorhome.
The park had it's annual Makers and Bakers Craft Fair. So we checked it out, but I was only enticed to buy banana bread and a small fabric bag to carry my keys to the motorhome and my phone in.  I had the friend, Lanette, who made them, sew a long strap on so I can carry them over my shoulder.  It was a problem before when I did not have a pocket in some Capris.  I was tickled and will sure get a lot of use out of it.  I also decided that I need to make a nice carry bag for our place settings for meals at the clubhouse.  I guess it will give me more to keep me busy!
I love the room in the storage shed to keep my sewing machine handy.  Gary even set himself up in there to do his pencil drawing part of the time.  The difficult thing will be deciding what we need to put back in the motorhome when we leave the first of May.   We sure will leave as much as we can here!!
I will cut this off now and do another Blog to cover Thanksgiving time.  So check back in with us.
Enjoy your weather, we enjoy ours here!

No comments: