Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

MORE TIME IN SILVER SPRINGS, FLORIDA

Another week begins in Silver Springs, Florida.  March 7th Gary began his day with a walk in the park and I left him and went to my first TOPS meeting in this area.  Gary also had a TV antenna on the roof to repair with some new parts.
I chose the location for a TOPS meeting at the time of day I wanted, but when I got there and was greeted with hugs by big old men, I had reservations about that chapter. There is another closer chapter but it is in the evening.  I do not like evening chapters, so will have to think about whether I will stay with this morning one.  There were many women who arrived later who made the meeting much more enjoyable!  And I did have another loss, so it is coming off very slowly!
I do like morning walks because it is cooler. So I went out a couple times and took more pictures of landscaping.
I like to contemplate ideas for our lot in Zolfo Springs, Florida.  By the way, we did get a call from them the other day, telling us that there is a lot available to us.  So we have to wait for them to complete their appraisal and processing according to By-laws which could take a month.  But at least we know where we will be for our six months of winter 2019/2020.
I have been getting organized with pictures and materials to scrapbook our step-granddaughters wedding album.  Thus, today I am going to a scrapbooking group that I found in a community news letter in our area.  I am looking forward to that and am waiting for time to leave to attend that.  I am hoping that it is not a pressure sales for Creative Memories as I sure have enough of my own equipment and supplies.  We'll see if this six hour day is productive!!
We went to a craft and yard sale this morning in our park, but only bought a dollar pair of gloves for flower gardening!  We are getting much better at holding the purse strings tight!!
Our day of Thrift and Antique Shops this week was fun, and we did find things of interest.  Of course, we have to remember that we do not have room to transport anything back to Ohio!
Friend, Don, we thought of you as we checked
out the chairs and trunks that we saw!!












And Ben, we thought of you when we saw this chest of drawer advertising St. Paul, MN. Didn't you say you needed a chest?

I do need this in our condo!!
Not sure that I like the mirror on
the back. 
I did find a barrister bookcase, but will check around in Ohio for one as I want one in the condo to keep our photo albums and our Blog books from this past eleven years.  But I don't want to transport one from down here. Too much effort!!

Not much else going on this week, but Sunday looks to be a full day coming up.  After church we will go to an Art Gallery and then have an ice cream social here in the park when we get back.
Monday is Bingo and Tuesday is Karaoke here in the park.  So stay tuned to see if we do those or find other things to fill our week.
I really did not have much to relay to you today, but had time to kill before leaving for scrapbooking.  So stay tuned!!
And keep shoveling as your snow will soon be gone!!

No comments: