Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

HELLO FROM MESA ARIZONA AGAIN

Time is just flying by!! It is hard to believe that our time here in Mesa is two thirds gone. I have been very negligent in writing Blogs, but we also have been slow on the sight seeing also. We will have to try to crowd a few things in before we leave. I just got back from ten days in Pensacola taking my sister's place while she made a trip to Ohio for business, appointments and family visits. It was a wonderful visit and I was amazed to find my brother, Claude, doing so well !! We pray that good health continues for both he and brother, Verlyn. While I was there Verlyn's son made a visit from Chicago and we were happy to visit with him also!! It is always nice to catch up on news. Claude even got to try out driving when I left, by dropping me off at the airport. The airport was very close by. I am sure that he even feels more liberated. The layers of clouds were awesome!!! My flight was good and I experienced a change of planes in a new airport "for me", Dallas-Fort Worth. I got to try out the Sky Link to change gates for the plane for the last leg of the trip. Richie, I thought that you would like these pictures. Can you see the monorail?? While I was gone Gary did a little of everything, except laundry!! He certainly did not starve!! I think that everyone felt sorry for him. His daily message for me was what and where he had eaten. He visited the local Wing of the Commemorative Air Force with an Arkansas friend from here in the park.
He went to a Car Show at K-Mart also.
And of course, he took in all of the shows here in the park. Pictures of some of them were not good because of lighting. But the "Rat Pack" brought their own lighting, thus a good picture for a change.
Mesa even had frost in the morning!! Glad that I was not here!!
Hope that you are all well away from the tornadoes that we see on the weather channel!!
Take care and stay warm. Hopefully, we will be back in Ohio in late May.

No comments: