Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

WINTER SEASON begins in WAUCHULA, FL

 It's more than time to catch up with Blog pictures and our calendar!!  I did begin with a half mile walk in our park, but I have fallen quite short on continuing on a daily basis!!  I guess I need to become more faithful with it for my health's sake!!  I've not gotten busy in my flower beds either.  But for that I have an excuse - - -.  I began pulling the grass that sprang up there over the summer and got into an ant bed.  They were quite aggressive so I'm waiting for those to heal!!  I need to buy some new plants and fertilizer yet.   

Our SKP Resort Park also had a Thanksgiving Dinner at the clubhouse.  Like I said we do way too much eating!!  We also went to a local restaurant with two of our friend couples from here in the Park.  That inspired a great visit!!  We all were of the opinion that we need to do that more often. Not necessarily the eating though!!

I am having problems with writing and downloading pictures as usual.  The Blogging program has changes although not a lot.  But it does cause me problems.  I will try to continue and hope that there are not too many problems.

I spent Thanksgiving weekend red-ding out kitchen cabinets and roasting a small turkey for our enjoyment and to store some up in our little freezer.  I love left-over turkey!!

Our Christmas cards are finished and mailed out!!  Also made arrangements for Christmas gifts back in Ohio.  I think that I was earlier than usual with botht!! 


And our little Christmas Tree and village are set out here in the motorhome.  I sure do enjoy that!!  I think even more than Gary does.  We need to buy some lights and decorations after Christmas, when they are reduced, to use outside next Year.  We have driven around in our park after dark for enjoyment!!  

Our Church's Children's Pageant last Sunday evening and was very enjoyable as usual. Had live babies again this year. I always love that!!  I guess that is saying we are a growing church!!  I've been just writing away. So now I must go back and dub in pictures. 

Maybe I'll even do another Blog for some separate activities. I hope that you are gearing up for a very enjoyable Christmas!!




We have some very good instructors. 

I may have to move on and end this Blog to start another one!!  I can't seem to undo what ever has transpired here.  It is writing what I am typing beginning from the center out.  So will see how it continues.  If it publishes okay,  I will try to continue with this.  If not, I will begin over.  So stay with me !!   In the mean time we are wishing you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!!  Love to you all.

No comments: