Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Thursday, November 18, 2021

SKP RESORT - Evening around the CAMPFIRE!!

 WOW!!  Time is sure rolling right along!!

I juat got a phone call asking me to handle once-weekly Bingo night beginning December.  I think that I will be okay with that.  I will handle money (no big pots!), and schedule the callers.  I hope to handle that okay.

That will be in addition to scheduling the ladies lunches once each month.  Once I finish planting my flowers and cleaning those beds, I will need something more to do.  We'll see how this slowing brain process of mine handles it all.  I do see myself slowing down so maybe I just need more to keep me moving.  

Our anniveresary is behind us and our oldest son's visit is coming up.  So I will show what has happened in that span of time.  Victor should arrive sometime on Sunday the 21st.  He will do some sightseeing along his way, so we're not sure what his tie schedule will be. 

Saturday, October 30th our park had a campfire and hotdog roast on the green.  We are not permitted to have individual fires at our sites, so we look forward to these group fires!!  

Our Captain Kenny making sure that
each of us have rootbeer floats!!
He's good to us.

Roasting marshmallows and hotdogs!!

Jan and Audrey, center of picture,
talking a mile a minute, as usual. 
It wasn't sunny since it gets dark so early!!
Our evenings sure are short.


We are seeing some change in people's
alertness in activities, 
and that would include us as well. 
This year sure has seemed to see change in us all.

Gary has been going to the early morning coffees here and goes out to his Art Centers, as well as his men's groups in the evening both at Church and in Sebring.  I just go to TOPS weekly, but that is most important on my schedule.  I am beginning to do my walking in the park.  I hope to be up to my full mile every day real soon.  I sure need it for mobility.   And Gary keeps up with the cleaning of the windows and such on the exterior.  

Next I will do the first November Blog.  Stay with us.  

No comments: