Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Sunday, December 6, 2020

NOVEMBER BEGINS OUR STAY at SKP RESORT in WAUCHULA

November comes to a close!!  Gary has been doing a lot of drawing and has had morning coffee with the guys here at SKP three mornings a week.  Usually they sit out under our awning.  But one morning Gary thought it was too cold, so he set the chairs up inside the shed.  He calls it "his" shed.  Ha, ha!!

We do put the shed to good use!!  Since our refrigerator in the motorhome is so small, we want to get a used small fridge or freezer for in the shed for extra use.  Hope that we can find one soon!! 

 While I have put a lot of painful hours into building my flower beds. Gary has even helped me with carrying blocks, etc.  We have also been going to New Hope Baptist Church about a mile up the road and had a couple Ice Cream Socials here in the resort. So we have kept busy.  I need to catch up on photos and Blogs as it is nearing the end of the year and it will soon be time to order the Blog book for the year 2020.  

I've gone to Lowe's enough that they should recognize me coming!  I've sure spent enough money there even with the military discount.  So I guess I need to be near the end of making my flower beds!!  I sure love sitting in my recliner, looking out the door at them and lounging outside, reading my books while looking at them!!  I don't miss my Perennials from Ohio so much now. 

Winter home!!

I took the big old bush out and moved
the bush from the left in picture to put in
it's place.

Lavender Salvia, new to me!


Almost finished, just five more bags of
red pine nougats to put down and two 
more bags of white marble chips. 

Oops, too much shade to show off this
end of bed well!!



Finished, and the sun hits this end!!

I took a two week rest because of pulled muscle. Then it was time to do a small bed because I found the red salvia that I wanted!!  

Gary got 24 pavers to put along the shed.  Maybe they will not run the mowers so close to the building, denting it!!! His next task is to wash down the siding.  He does that well as the motorhome gives him lots of practice!!

In between these two jobs, the resort was trimming trees. So we took pictures of them working along the street in front of us.  I hope that they are careful when trimming over my flower beds!!  It might be a couple weeks before they get to the trees on lots.



We have learned about the food give-aways in Wauchula. So tried them out, getting sweet corn, cucumpers, summer squash, zuchinni, tomatoes and much more.  The neighbor gave us a piece of his watermelon to try.  Yes, yellow.  Tasty, but a little different from red!!

Ice Cream socials and Thanksgiving Dinner have been the only open activities since the Veteran's parade.  Next on my agenda is the ladies SKPettes Christmas dinner at the historic Jacaranda Hotel in Avon Park next Tuesday.

After Thanksgiving we drove over near Port Charlotte to visit Audrey's niece, Tina, and her children and grandchildren.  There was a surprise of the niece's Tiny House and a family visiting who consider themselves grandparents to the ten children!!  It was great to see everyone pretty healthy, which has not been the situation over this past year.  It is always great to visit them and to see all of Jeff's many projects that he has been building on over the year.  We wonder where he finds all of the time??
We will share pictures of some of this in the next Blog. Stay tuned.

Take care and stay healthy.  

No comments: