Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Friday, December 22, 2017

MORE OF DECEMBER IN MESA, ARIZONA

Gary keeps busy with his colored pencil drawings!!






 






Keeps him out of trouble!!  Not sure if he is bored or not.  He has a couple classic vehicles to begin soon, as well.

Another drawing from the group - -
"Spring Awakens", Drawing by Rosemary Roach

I have run out of things to do in scrapbooking, so guess we need to get out there to take more pictures!!
We did have a Mesa Regal Christmas Dinner and program by the Mesa Area Children Arts Center Tuesday evening, December 19th. Our table of new acquaintances was great. All very friendly and a delicious meal.  I will still fix a ham dinner for our Christmas Day, but will be small, just for us.  We will be on the phone with family back in Ohio, and that will be the highlight of our day. 

As people arrived, the youth were waiting to seat everyone,
and then later did the serving and clean-up.
They were awesome!!

Our dinner musicians!!


Our after dinner show with a great variety of music!!
The little fellow on the right could not stand still when
playing his music. And the group played all from memory!!
The clean-up crew looked to be having a great time!!











Our Pastor and family have invited the church for openhouse on Saturday. So we are very much looking forward to that.  They have four children. And I think that they are all nine and under. I will be sure and get good pictures there.  I promise!!

We went to Goodwill across the street from our resort yesterday.  It was Gary's idea, but I was the only one who benefited. He did not like their prices for jeans or books. So he waited in the car reading while I shopped.  I lucked out with the color of the week tags on my items, so my jeans were $1. each!!! And I found a couple Christmas decorations cheap.  So it made my day and I went to the laundry today and got them all washed up. I can always find something to do.
Gary's pet!!

New decor!!
Homemade craft!!

Our little tree!!

Janet;s gift to us many years ago.
It matches my new decor
quite well!!
Bill and Esther we were out near one of your haunts when we went to Barleen's dinner show a couple weeks ago. So thought I would share those pictures with you - -
Apache Junction ELKS

RV's staying at the ELKS














I think that I have caught you up to date with the exception of my scrapbook friends. So I will wait until I have all of their pictures and introduce you all at one time.
If I don't talk with you again before,  have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: