Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

SCRAPBOOKING, ART FESTIVALS and OHIO FRIENDS IN FLORIDA

Time marches on!!  It is fast approaching April and movin' on date.  So we have been packing more things of the area into our agenda. 
After I had lunch with Lana, I attended an evening Crop for scrap booking at Olive Baptist Church from 6:30 to 10:30 on Friday evening. It was scheduled to last until midnight, but that is a bit late for me to want to go back into the parking lot here in the city, and the rest of the girls were going home earlier.  Teri is the leader for this group and several attended from the first Crop that I attended at a store in Pace.  So even though there were only five of us, we had a good visit and got a lot accomplished.  Olive has these Crops once a month, but unfortunately I did not get plugged into it until too late for attending in February or the months before.
The following day I attended a Crop from 2 to 10 pm at Teri's home with a run out for dinner at Cactus Flower Cafe'.  It was a fun evening and I learned more about digital scrapbooking on-line.  I just might have to try it.
Teri and Tracye 













Allison and Portia
On Sunday, after two late evenings and early mornings, I crashed after church.  I almost never do that!!  It made me wonder if a bug bit me.

The Jeep had to go into the garage on Tuesday and I took a day for running errands and getting a haircut on Wednesday, so it was not until Thursday that Gary and I went out for the day together.  We went downtown Pensacola and drove through more of the historical district and stopped in at the Wentworth Museum.  It was interesting history of the area, and especially history of Wentworth's life and his many business endeavors that formed much of the area businesses.  We did not take many pictures, just read many of the postings.
 














Friday was another Crop for Audrey back over in Pace FL at Scrap-A-Memory store from 9:30 am until midnight.  So I am getting a lot of catching up done on our grandson's album.  I need to get 2012 finished so that I can focus on present events when we get back home for the summer. 
Theresa, owner of the store













A new group of ladies.
 
I learned more new things that day and got much more finished.  Gary called me and reminded me that I needed to have time when I got home to make the salad for an outing the next day.  I almost forgot!!  But I cut my day shorter and had him pick me up at 8:30 so I could stop at the store on the way home. 
While I was gone for the day, he went over to Fairhope AL for another Art Festival.  He brought me home a gift that I had admired at the previous Festival.  It is a copper art piece similar to this picture that I photographed before, but on a much smaller scale.
Mine is a seahorse mounted on a tiny piece of driftwood, but beautiful copper color and about 8 inches high!!

Friends from church, Lana and Howard took us with them to Mississippi the next day for the Cajun Boil.  We were looking forward to it as we had never been to such an event!!  I will do the pictures from that in a separate Blog, since there are many more pictures from that. 

Today we left after church and went down to the Gulf Shores and met up with a friend at Lillian's Pizza Place for some Italian cooking.  We ordered with leftovers in mind.  Can't you tell??  I really am tired of cooking, but Gary would say "when do you cook?".

We met up with Karen a few weeks ago after we had learned that she had moved south to this area a few years back.  They live in Foley AL and she works downtown here in Pensacola.  She is from back home in Salem so we had much more catching up to do!!  Sorry that Dennis was not able to join us this time.  We will look forward to stopping back in the area to see them again for sure!!  And Karen, so sorry that we did not realize that you had a birthday recently.  I found that on Facebook this evening.  Happy belated Birthday!!

Check back in and I will try to get the Cajun Boil Blog done tomorrow evening.

No comments: