Ready to Roll

Ready to Roll

Our History

My photo
Ohio, United States
Having recently retired we are fulfilling our long time dream. We began our camping life with a tent in 1969 adjusting as each of our three sons arrived over the years and gradually progressed to a 32' Class A in 2007. Even after our sons became too busy with their own interests, we continued dreaming over the years. The Louisville, KY 2003 Great North American RV Rally and the book "Movin' On" convinced us that a motorhome after retirement was really for us! In 2007 we sold our home and disposed of most of our belongings and awaited the wife's retirement on February 1, 2008. We were out in our first motorhome ten times in our first summer in 2007, with our grandson joining us eight of those ten times. Since he must stay behind with his mom and dad to continue school, we told him he can join us on vacations (by car or plane) anywhere we are as we travel the US. Imagine the history lessons he could acquire! However, Mom and Dad don't look at it that way, especially the flying. Fortunately we don't miss work one bit!! We just miss the friends there. We have many hobbies to keep us busy when we decide to sit still for a day. Hope to see you on the road.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

OHIO Fall Clean-Up and Scrapbooking with Friends !!

October 24, 1964 - forty six years ago today, we had sunshine but strong wind as we stood on the front steps of the church!! Yes, Happy Anniversary to us!!
No celebration today though. Today we hurried home from church to help clean up leaves from the yard. The most that I could do was use the camera!!
Victor and Ben were nearing the end of twenty-one bags of leaves for pick-up.
Gary helped them finish for the day.
But as you can see from these last few pictures, there are many more leaves still to come down.
Now that is a little different than forty-six years ago. I will always remember that on the 24th, we were about two weeks late from prime picture taking for beauty of color.
I do believe that the color has lasted much longer than usual this fall. I have taken some pictures, but not enough. It is so easy to see the potential picture as you drive down the road, but much more difficult to find a place to stop to take that picture!! But then Gary is never good at stopping at a moments notice and I am not permitted to drive yet. I will be going to visit the surgeon tomorrow and hope to be released to drive??
I did get in some good scrap booking time at church last week with our friendly scrap booking group!!
They were all working on a special project presented by Debbie McKinney. It was quite a lovely project and will continue for a couple more sessions to be properly completed.
I worked on my albums while they worked away, and was glad to get more accomplished also. I have more negatives that Victor gave me that I will need to get printed for his album. I think that I will always be finding pictures!!!!!!!! I am waiting for a good sale price at Walgreen though. I hope there is one in the next couple weeks before we leave, so that I can work on the albums while we are on the road.
A special Thanks to Leah from our scrapbooking group who worked one night shift while I was in the hospital. She sure does a wonderful job of tucking you in for the night!!
Yes, I did get a good report from the surgeon and we are planning to leave about November 8th. Just hope that we do not run into SNOW anywhere!!!
Take care and God Bless!! We sure are praising the Lord for our good reports!!

No comments: